life, as i know it, in japan

born and bred in beautiful marshalltown, iowa. now i spend my days assisting japanese english teachers and drinking green tea. i do other things too--see below.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

on reading and relating...


i've been reading an oprah's book club favorite "white oleander" by janet fitch. it's a story of a daughter and her mother. it inspired me to think about how i've been shaped by my parents.

i am my mother's child:
-i love people through food
-i enjoy brushing my teeth after meals
-i have a small waist and a big bottom
-my nose has been referred to as "cauliflower-like"
-i can see my hands taking her shape already
-if i could go back and do it again i might be a nurse
-i worry for those i love

i am my father's child:
-i am stubborn(but only when it's really necessary...)
-i can analyze people/situations until the cows come home
-i am sensitive
-i'm not afraid to be honest
-i enjoy artistic challenges and working with my hands
-i am rational
-i am an athlete

yet another introspective blog entry. i'm going to korea soon. yea!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi ashlee,
    i updated my blog. make sure to stop by blogger and check it out! also i don't know if it actually updated or not, because blogging is beyond my expertise.

    hop to hear from you soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home